Advanced Course for Tourism
The Advanced Course for Tourism is a 3-year programme concluding with the school leaving certificate.
The area of specialization is in Financial and Risk Management.
Duration: 3 years
Mandatory internships: 16 weeks
- Successful completion of a 3-year vocational or commercial school OR
- Completed apprenticeship as cook, waiter, hotel and trade assistant or travel agency assistant
The Advanced Training Programme offers graduates of technical or commercial schools and students, who have finished their apprenticeship in any tourism and hospitality related profession, the opportunity to gain the university entrance qualification within three years. The programme is designed to allow a direct career entry as well as the start of academic studies at university.
Options after graduation
On completion of the programme, you have a wide range of possibilities; graduates are prepared for their careers in the industry – especially the national and international tourism and leisure industry. If you consider an academic career you are also entitled to study at university. Since the professional and business license for restaurants and hotels is also awarded, graduates are able to start their own business or take over the family business.
- 3 years
- Successful completion of a 3-year technical college or business school
- A finished apprenticeship as a cook, restaurant expert, hotel and a business assistant
- Matriculation and diploma exam, full university entrance qualification, professional qualifications as well as business license for hospitality industry, catering trade and travel agency
THE TRAINING OFFERS:
- The link between theory and practice
- Training in well-known partner companies
- Language-learning trips and excursions
- Language and IT certificates
- Attractive additional trainings
What are possible career paths after graduation?
- Studying in Austria and abroad
- Entrance into attractive tourist industries
- International career opportunities
- Promotion prospects in many branches
- Start-up of your own company
- Takeover of a family business