Institute of Higher Education in Tourism
The Institute of Higher Education in Tourism specializes in business and tourism subjects. So that the Knowledge gained can be implemented in any future Career in the tourism and leisure industry. The education focuses on gaining foreign language skills and valuable practical experience to enable and simplify the access into the professional world. Aims and focal points are joined-up thinking, team spirit, tolerance, openness, creativity, acting self-responsibly and employability.
- Learn how to deal with guests professionally
- Gain intercultural competences
- Profit from diverse practical experience
- Carry out interesting project work as part of the entrepreneurship education
- Take part in exceptional excursions and workshops
Ensuring that our students feel comfortable within our walls is essential for us. To guarantee this, we offer introductory days, when the students become acquainted with each other. The individual development of each student is important. An absolute novelty is the branch called “Outdoor” course we specialize in. Being situated in the centre of the National Park Hohe Tauern, surrounded by three incredible skiing areas (Wildkogel Arena, Zillertal Arena, Kitzbüheler Alpen) makes our school the perfect location for students interested in professions in the leisure industry. They experience at close range how significant a well-balanced daily routine supports effectiveness, health and satisfaction – not just in terms of work-life-balance.
Obtaining the certificate in instructing skiing, biking and hiking, our students have the legal permission for working in this sector of the leisure industry. Therefore, these additional qualifications are valuable for any future employers. Skiing, biking and hiking are trending amongst tourists and fit ideally with our educational programme. There is one thing we can guarantee: You won’t ever get bored!
When looking for internship positions nationally and internationally, our Career Centre supports our students in finding the right businesses. Teaching personnel prepare the students for the requirements in internships in every subject and support them even during their work experience. Internships abroad can partially be financed by the Eramsus+ programme. Our partner businesses act as a guarantor for substantial support.
- 5 years
- Positive completion of a lower general secondary school
- Positive completion of the 8th grade or a polytechnic school
- NMS: positive completion of the “New Middle School” with “deepening education”
- NMS: entrance exam with “basic education” grade 3
- Matriculation and diploma exam, entry requirement for universities, professional qualification as well as business license for hospitality industry, catering trade and travel agency
The school offers
- School experience instead of daily school routine
- The link between theory and practice
- Additional qualifications such as the job qualification as a skiing instructor, hike and bike guide, junior wine sommelier, cheese sommelier, junior bartender
- Training in well-known partner companies
- Language-learning holidays and excursions
- Language and IT certificates
- Attractive additional training
- International internships and career opportunities in many branches
What are possible career paths after graduation
- Studying in Austria and abroad
- Entrance into attractive tourist industries
- International careers
- Promotion prospects in many branches
- Start-up of your own Company
- Takeover of a family business