School of Hotel Management
The Internet has changed the tourism industry a lot in the last years. For this reason, companies are searching for young, dynamic employees, who are familiar with the digital world. Travel offers are looked for, booked and rated online. It is not sufficient only to have a website; businesses reach potential guests via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Booking or Flickr, too. If you want to keep pace with this development, you have to know the needs of customers as well as hints and tricks of search engineering marketing. And this is exactly what makes our School of Hotel Management in Bramberg so special.
Focus “DIGITAL BUSINESS”
In this education you learn how to market touristic offers ideally. You spend one day a week at one of our partner hotels, where you can practice the knowledge acquired.
Our students carry out mandatory internships during summer as well as winter holidays in various touristic enterprises. In this way, they can get in contact with interesting employers and implement their theoretical knowledge in practical training. Furthermore, student’s personal development and self-confidence are encouraged.
Whether in Austria or other countries, we support our students in their search for a suitable internship through our Career Centre. Teachers prepare them for any duties during the internship and are available during the time of work if needed. Foreign internships are partially supported by the Erasmus+ programme.
- 3 years
- Positive certificate of 4th grade of grammar school
- Positive certificate of prevocational technical school
- New Secondary School (NMS): positive certificate of 4th grade of ‘basic education’ marked ‘Satisfactory’
- Office clerk
- Professional in the gastronomy and restaurant industry
- Hotel and trade assistant
THE TRAINING OFFERS
- The link between theory and practice
- Professional introduction in new media and communication technology
- Additional qualification ‘cheese connoiseur’
- Modern computer equipment and newest programmes
- Educational trips and excursions
- International practical training and career possibilities in various branches
WHAT YOU CAN DO AFTER THIS EDUCATION
- Direct entrance into attractive tourist industries
- Studying in Austria and abroad
- Promotion prospects in many branches
- Start-up of your own company
- Takeover of a family business